Well that all happened very fast! Happy New Year and all that stuff. I hope you all had a lovely night, whatever you decided to do. I was in bed not long after 11pm, I roused long enough to hear the fireworks at midnight, then slumbered again. Perfect!
I did however spent most of my evening in wonderful company on the pontoon on the Yarra River again. It is such a gorgeous spot. We had tonnes of amazing and delicious food & spent hours chatting & laughing. I watched the 9.30pm fireworks and headed home an hour or so later. I’ll let the pictures do their thing, coz they convey how lovely it really was.
Of course I wasn’t going to bed early because I’m a party pooper. I had to get up at a reasonable hour to spend all day DANCING!
Melbourne put on her finest weather for the day. It was warm and muggy and really overcast. And being optimistic Melburnians we didn’t plan for rain. Yet rain it did! As we huddled under a big tree I was thinking how ridiculous it all was. Thankfully someone had the bright idea of buying rolls and rolls of garbage bags & handed them out to the punters. Never have I been more excited for garbage bags. I sprinted across the field and whooped with glee when I saw them being handed out. Five minutes later it stopped raining! (though to be fair, there were a few more wet spells after this).
James Holden (who was really the only DJ I wanted to see) was superb. Two and a half hours of (mostly) awesome. This old skool raver danced her butt off and went harder than those who were drug or drink affected. I’ve gotta say, I do rock a little bit!
To wrap up this post, I shall finish with one of those meme things. My friend Stu calls them me me’s. Coz he’s cute like that. I am in full procrastination mode, trying to get something important finished. Thus, I’m blogging instead.
1.What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Became an Aunty Fen!!! It’s wonderful
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do resolutions as such. I guess I use the new year to have a little reset of sorts, last year I said I wanted to explore, have fun, push myself and be happy. I think I achieved this. I’d like this year to be a year of change for me. I’m currently working on that, well I was, until I started blogging. Whoops. Maybe I should do away with procrastinating this year….
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had a baby, I am an Aunt to a wonderful niece. I had some friends give birth too, quite a few in the last part of the year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
The country of Fen
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Moar money please.
Oh and maybe to meet someone who is lovely and honest and not scared of commitment or me!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing remains etched upon my memory, trust me on that one!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Changing jobs, pushing myself to achieve and get out of my comfort zone.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I necessarily failed, but I still have real trouble letting people in. Or if I do let them in I then self destruct the relationship. I’m too self reliant, I don’t ask for anything from anyone and that’s not a good thing. I need to learn to open up (my heart, not just my head) and relax about it. A big thing for me as I’m a control freak who has a massive fear of loss. <– hello, this is still the same as last year. Oh dear me. Though I improved upon this, however arseholes continue to make me put up walls.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A couple of colds, that’s about it. I got through the year without my liver packing it in. Fair achievement I say.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A smashing new bed. I still can’t stop gazing lovingly at it.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mine? I’m awesome. No? Okay. My niece – for being the happiest little baby I’ve met. We could all take a leaf out of her book.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Oh don’t get me started. *deep breath* How about the married men who continue to make a mockery of their wedding vows and hit on single women. Or the people who think online dating is a way to trawl through the population, but don’t actually communicate, or really want relationships for that matter. Those who give genuine people a bad name.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. I still love living here but boy is it expensive to live on your own. Still, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The birth of my niece and getting to be an Aunty.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
It’s not a 2013 song, but it meant a lot to me
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
b) Pretty much the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, writing, photography (always), saving money!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you spend Christmas?
Done it, blogged about it!
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Doctor Who, Sherlock
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate people, hate is a pointless emotion. People I dislike I remove from my life and spend no time or energy on them
24. What was the best book you read?
The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Neil Gaiman
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pan-Pot and I’m going to see them in a few weeks. Woohoo
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
I probably saw a grand total of 3 or 4 films. Was Samsara released in 2013?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
38 and I have no recollection of what I did. Old age dementia is setting in fast.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Lindt Cherry Intense Chocolate
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
BOOTS and dresses. Gosh I loved my boots
32. What kept you sane?
Music, my cats, my family, talking about stuff
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None of them really
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ha ha ha ha where do I start? One person, one party. Tony Abbott & the Liberals. Nuff said.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of new people. My mad new colleagues, some awesome folk who I met online then met in person. I love meeting new people
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Health is the most important thing EVER, whether it’s mentally or physically. <– still this
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don’t do songs with lyrics
To the music of falling water
And I don’t mean rain
Don’t give me that pain
Don’t corner me with that poetry thing
I’m sitting on a rock
At the edge of the world
The red earth and ocean are below me
Locked in a distance of erosion
Put a rock on me to stop me blowin’ away